• New yogis are received only between 9.00am and 3.30pm.
• Yogis should state the length of time they are planning to reside at the center and then leave at the end of this period, unless authorized by the chief monk. (It does not apply to kuti's owners)
• Upon registration, when a Yogi receives the kuti / room key he/she is requested to hand over an identity card to the Office staff. It will be given back before leaving the center and having returned the key.
• During their permanence Yogis are discouraged of using smartphones, laptops, mp3players and similar equipment, these are unsuitable for the meditation practice. For a successful retreat Yogis are encouraged to live their electronic equipment in the Office's safe.
• Outside scheduled retreats, Yogis can do their own meditation practice but are not allowed to discuss about it, nor can instruct other Yogis under any circumstances.
• Bedding: at the end of your retreat, next to leave the center please wash the bed linen, pillow cover, blanket, and mosquito net before returning them.
• When lightning storms are coming, please disconnect electric / electronic equipment from the wall sockets.
• Please avoid feeding and pet any dog or cat in the center. They should not be encouraged to come in any way as they cause trouble to other animals like squirrels, birds, lizard etc. and may disturb resident yogis and monks. Avoid feeding other animals too, they find enough food from trees and the ground.
• Occasionally, if a visitor come to meet a Yogi, they should not talk in the Yogi's Quarter but in the Office or in the Dining Hall (only after lunch time). Visitors can stay until 6.00pm only.
• Footwear is not allowed inside the building, please remove it and place outside the entrance, taking care not to leave it in the middle of the passage.
• Talking is a hindrance for meditation, avoid all chats unless for organizing chores or other necessities.
• Avoid making unnecessary noise specially at night, avoid taking shower or washing clothes after 10pm and before 4.00am.
• Between 10pm and 4am light must be switched off, even inside the room. If you need to go to the toilet, please use a torch lamp.
• Keep the premises clean, tidy, and dry specially toilets, showers, and the kitchen area; once you finish to do your things make sure to leave the facilities clean and possibly dry as you have found it (use the rubber bladed tools or mops).
• Cleaning duties are to be performed between 9.00am and 10.00am. Toilets, showers, wash basins are to be cleaned on daily basis, common area floor is to be swiped and possibly mopped too. The area around the building should be swiped daily, the leaves collected and removed.
Sumathipala Nahimi Senasun Arana
Sumathipala Nahimi Senasun Arana Heelbathgala Road Kanduboda Delgoda Sri Lanka
Copyright © 2021 Sumathipala Nahimi Senasun Arana - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by ksnsa.com